Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dearest Mikayla,

There are a few things I need to share with you so that you understand why I think you are so incredibly amazing. I know for me to tell you that I love you dearly and I adore you may seem just like words. However, I want for you to understand what I really mean when I tell you those things.

To begin with, if I ever had a daughter, I do believe that I would want her to be pretty much like you -- completely you, exactly just as you are right now in this moment in time. You have - and always will - a special place in my heart. There is no banner, no crown, no title that could make you any more special and amazing in my eyes.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
You are a beautiful young lady, both inside and out. However, I know that in your heart you seek to honor God, because you know that is the one thing that matters most. Stick with it! You are encouraging every one you meet to seek Him. Along with the guidance from two precious Christian parents, you are a shining example of a beautiful young lady dressing and acting respectfully towards others and yourself. You are taking the things they have taught you and coupling it with a desire to honor God. I wish that all young ladies had the spiritual encouragement and desire to please our Creator as you have experienced.

Philippians 1:3 & 6
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.
Being confident of this very thing, that He that has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Our Father has begun a good work in you. I am sure, with every fiber of my being, that He will remain faithful and complete what he has begun. The Almighty Creator fulfills His most perfect plan when He works in the lives of His children. Sometimes, seeing where His plan will take us proves difficult. Especially when we think we know what is best for us or when our heart desires something that is not in His will for our lives. Those desires are not always a sick, horrible, sinful thing -- but if it's not in His plan, it's not what is best for us. I want you to know that no matter what disappointments may come your way, He always has something better in store.
If what you believe would be an incredible experience does not work out, your heart may experience some pain and sorrow. However, He has something even more amazing in store and our desires would not touch the content our heart will feel when He pours out His blessings.
When I think about how God will use you to accomplish work for His kingdom, it is an exciting moment. Just as He had a particular plan for Esther, Ruth, and Mary, He has an intricate plan for your life.

Matthew 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
I'm sure you are aware that this is a directive given by our Savior to His disciples. Not many people can really handle this. Honestly, I don't do an adequate job with this command. It's not because I don't want to....just have a hard time doing it well. Many of us tend to define our role in this command rather than letting God define our role. Keep trusting Him. He will guide you. It may be the far corners of the Earth, but it could just be a unique "out of the box" kind of situation that He places you in. It's all in His time, and He will help you spread the sweet gospel message. When others around you back down, when others around you fail to proclaim His message of salvation, continue what you are doing now. Keep sharing the sweet news of our loving God and His amazing grace.

Zechariah 9:16
The LORD their God will save his people on that day as a shepherd saves his flock. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown.
My sister brought my attention to this verse, and it has become one of my favorites. I can't help but think of you.
Jewels. Rare. Precious. Valuable.
These words all describe you. You are like a jewel. Your family treats you as a jewel. They care for you, protect you, help polish you so you may shine. You are a rare young woman. There are not many like you. Your value can not be measured. A perfect God became man and dwelt here on this planet. He lived wth sinners, but never sinned. Yet, you are so precious to Him, that He died a cruel death on a horrible, wretched cross. Those who love you, truly love you with a genuine love from God, will treat you in a manner that shows they recognize how valuable you are.
A crown is worn by royalty. Only the most perfect, beautiful stones are chosen to place on a crown. Those jewels must be perfect and shine brightly. Continue deepening your relationship with your Savior. You will continue to become even more beautiful and shine brightly for Him.
A crown is also worn on the head, which makes it more special. Our head is considered the part of the body that controls everything. We also usually don't wear valuable things on the bottom of our feet. We wear durable, hard, non-valued materials on the bottoms of our shoes. I think you know why we do that. However, a crown is worn on the head. It is there for all to see. The crown holds the precious, valuable jewels. Think of yourself as the beautiful, precious jewel that adorns the crown worn by our precious Savior. He delights in you and wants others to see the value and worth He sees in you.


As I watch you grow and mature, you are becoming a woman after God's heart. Know that you are dearly loved. You are adored. You are precious and have great value. With amazing gifts and a genuine love for others, you enrich the lives of people every day. I pray that God will continue to reveal Himself to you in ways you never imagined possible. May His grace pour down onto your life.

Randall & Kristi,
You have influenced my life in ways I will never be able to put into words. I count it an honor to know your family. I often tell people that when I "grow up" I want to be parents like you guys. With three beautiful children who love God, you exhibit what it is to parent with grace and love. May God continue to bless you and may He guide you down a path full of His grace and blessings.


With gratitude for all you do and stand for,
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers