Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weaknesses plus some Aaron"isms"

God is so amazing. Although I experience His grace, mercy, and compassion on a daily basis, it still amazes me how He works. Peace that settles over my heart in times of need can only be provided by Him. Two very rough weeks are about to come to an end (hopefully). However, there has never been a moment when He wasn't beside me. There were no surprises for Him - now it was full of surprises for me. Many things on my agenda fell to ground, trampled by the realities of my life. This is because my agenda was not completely in line with His - good intentions, but not His itinerary for me. No matter what, He still loves me and has been quite patient with me this week.
I fail miserably on a daily basis with particular struggles in my life. Particulary, the one that I feel the need to be in control of everything in my life. Alright, the small group of you who are shouting "Amen," and "I've been telling you that for years," can stop reading and leave me alone. Waves of panic flood every fiber of my being when there is a hint that I've lost any bit of control in any given situation. I'm learning. He is the one in control. God has been holding my hand, showing me through others that He is so much better in control than I am. My two biggest weaknesses definitely are my OCD and the control fanatic factor. Many times, I've prayed that God would wave his magic spiritual wand and rid me of these two horrific personality flaws. Most days, I resent these traits. After all, they have to be the culprit that is holding me back from true greatness, RIGHT? My lack of patience and intolerance have NOTHING to do with that. Anyhow, I'm slowly learning that even in my weaknesses, He is able to work in ways I couldn't even have imagined.

2 Corinthians 12:8-9
"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."


My weaknesses fixed by his perfect power. He is never surprised. He loves being the hero that saves my day.


Aaron"isms"
Aaron: I won't be able to come to school anymore.
Aaron's teacher: Why is that Aaron? (no doubt, the teacher's voice is full of curiosity and concern)
Aaron: I'm allergic to school.


Setting: Wednesday morning after we had been at the doctor until 10:00 pm. I was allowing Aaron to sleep a little longer thinking he'd be tired.
Aaron: (bouncing into the kitchen with 1bazillion watts of energy) Mommy, you forgot me.
Me: What, forgot you?
Aaron: Everyone else is dressed, but not me. You forgot me.
Me: Seriously Aaron. I was letting you sleep late. I didn't forget you. Mommy knew exactly where you were.
Aaron: (with a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye; cackling with that "yeah right" laugh he has) Yeah, mommy, don't be silly. You forgot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers