Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life is hard

One of my favorite songs is I Will Praise You in the Storm. I usually like anything that Casting Crowns puts out, but this one is just special to me. Today I was very much reminded of how hard it is sometimes to focus on the praise that God deserves. Sometimes, the storm rages with such fury, that praise is the last thing on my mind. I do hope a very special couple knows that they are in my prayers tonight. Some news is hard to take - especially when it includes the loss of a precious life. God does have a plan. I know that. This couple knows that. However, sometimes it still hurts.
I'm no expert on dealing with the yuck of life. I have learned some things. The biggest lesson I have to review quite often is that God made us emotional creatures. He expects us to experience emotions when life experiences are enjoyable and when they are not so much fun. It took me a long time to accept the fact that I could be upset, sad, hurt, etc. The key is to remember through my sadness and hurt that He still loves me. When I hurt, He hurts. He also will not abandon me no matter how yucky life gets. I know yucky is not really the most magnificent description, but it fits some situations. For me, the times where I feel the most hurt and sadness lead to some of the most precious times with my Father God. Hurt and sadness do not come alone to His children. The presence of the awesome peace only He can provide sweeps over and consumes our soul. Peace that comes when He steps in and takes over. He may not change our circumstances. He may not instantly remove the pain. He will lead us through. He will provide comfort for what could turn into a long daunting journey through dark valleys. I had a hard time accepting that it was alright for me to experience all of these emotions. I felt as if I was a failure to feel this way. No. Depending on Him to heal and provide comfort is exactly what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers